Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Say Cheese... and Turkey!

Today I did something I had not done since I got pregnant (4 years ago): Ice Skating! A friend is taking ice skate classes and has to do one hour/week of training, so yesterday she called and asked if I wanted to go with her today, and of course I said yes! I love roller-skating, ice-skating, and any variation of the sport!

As I mentioned before, it has been a few years since I last put on my roller skates. However I think I did great today in the ice, and definitely had a lot of fun! Needless to say I almost turned into a Popsicle inside the rink, even wearing pants, sweatshirt, and gloves… I almost froze! I spent 45 minutes skating and when I left I could barely fell my toes, ears and fingertips, but it was completely worth it! I was purplish but happy!

Now I can’t wait for Matheus to learn some basics so we can go skating together! (But first lets buy some warmer socks and gloves, please!)

Having fun at the Ice House left me no time to cook something for lunch, so we had our favorite “quick meal”: Turkey and Cheese Sandwiches! It is my favorite sandwich and makes frequent appearances on our menu! (and thankfully Matheus likes it too
)
And who said a sandwich can’t be healthy? Whole grain bread, mustard, smoked turkey breast, Swiss cheese, tomatoes and lettuce (normally I use a mix of lettuces and spinach leaves, but did not have it in the house today), baby carrots and ranch for dipping rounded out the meal, and me and Matheus were more than happy with our lunch today! Healthy, delicious, and good for you!

No recipes today but come back tomorrow, ‘cause some baking is on the way!


Ana


And look what I found in the closet!
Oh Yes, I am back into action!
(Do I need to say how excited I got with the ice skating today?!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, you ice queen.. It's great to get back into something we really love,isn't it?!?
The sandwich..so lovely! And sounds terribly yummy. Where's mine?

Joe said...

Hi Ana,

Glad to hear your muffins came out well! The sandwich looks very good.

I did post the recipe for the caramel apple bars on the same post as I put the picture - I just havent added it to the archived recipes yet! Just look under the dinner picture from last night!