Sunday, September 25, 2005

Flowers...

We had a nice and quiet weekend. To me actually was a little too quiet. I wish I could visit my family on the weekends…
Oh well, at least I got a flower today! Yes, the little pink speck in my hand is the tiniest flower, but meant the world to me. Matheus was working in the yard with daddy this morning when he called me in the garage door: “Mommy, come here, I have something for you”, and then he handed me the flower. So little, but he was so happy when I said I loved it “Really mommy, are you going to keep it inside the house? I love you mommy!”
Yesterday YMCA had parents night out again, and (believe me) Matheus asked to go! Oh well, how could we waste such opportunity to go out?! And so we did; we went to the movies and watched "Just Like Heaven”, very cute and sweet movie, I liked it a lot! Hubby and I had a nice date, plus Matheus had a great time and really enjoyed the “super hero” theme of the YMCA night.
Today we had Taco Salad for lunch! I recreated the chicken taco salad from our favorite Mexican restaurant. No recipe actually, just made it by using the ingredients I believe they use at the restaurant, and served it in a baked “tortilla shell” with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, and monterey jack cheese. Rice and black beans completed the meal. It all came out very tasty and we enjoyed our lunch a lot!
That is it for today, not much I know, but do come back ‘cause I am planning on doing some more baking during the week!

Ana

Chicken taco salad my way: onions and garlic sautéed in olive oil, shredded chicken breasts (poached or roasted), tomato paste and some chicken broth (to create a sauce), parsley (Mexicans use cilantro, but I don’t actually like its flavor), a little bit of flour to thicken the sauce, a little sour cream to make it creamy and delicious! You can definitely add some Mexican spices and make it even more flavorful.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ana, you are a very sweet and special girl. What an honour to share a bit of your life. Have a lovely Sunday.

Vanessa said...

I just love Mexican food.
I am going to try your recipe!
Bjos

Anonymous said...

Oi lindona!
Tudo oq vc faz é lindo! coisa de profissional!
Parabéns!!
Vou usar suas receitinhas lá em londres, onde vou TER QUE aprender a cozinhar!
beijo amiga!!!