Monday, November 27, 2006

Banana Cake

It seems every time I want to make some healthy cake for breakfast we all agree to make it a banana cake! If it is not cake, then it is muffin, and which one is the favorite around here? Oh yes, banana muffins!!
I had three very ripe bananas sitting on the counter last week and decided to make a cake on an afternoon. What a great idea it was. We had cake for snack and on the next couple days for breakfast, and the cake was not just very moist but deliciously tasty too!
I sort of created the recipe based on what I had on hand and on previous cake recipes I made. And since it came out so good I wrote down the recipe later on so that I could post it here and share with you all!
The picture is definitely not the prettiest one, but I have to say that the cake was one of the best I have made!
Simple, easy and so good! Perfect when you have excess of bananas, or just when that little cake craving hits on the afternoon but you just want some comforting flavors without ruining the healthy eating habits you are so hardly trying to conquer.
The boys here raved about this one, I hope you like it too! Oh, and I used raisins (per Matheus request), but chocolate chips would be just as good here!!
Ana

Simple Banana Cake

About ½ cup raisins soaked in some warm water or apple juice (just to make them plump!)
1 ½ cups whole wheat flour
½ cup all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ cup brown sugar
4 tablespoons butter (1/4 cup), at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
3 very ripe bananas
½ cup buttermilk

Preheat oven 350F.
With a mixer, beat butter and sugar until creamy. Add vanilla, eggs, bananas, and buttermilk and beat until well mixed. Add flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. Mix until everything is incorporated. Add raisins and mix with a wooden spoon.
Pour batter into a greased bundt pan and bake for about 30 to 35 minutes, or until it is golden and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

oi ana!
hj q ainda tenho um tempinho antes d volta a estuda resolvi vim dar um oi!!
amo tb bolo d banana e td com banana!hehe
bjus ana!diga oi pro matheus e pro francisco!!

Anonymous said...

Ana, your cake looks delicious!

I have some bananas in my freezer and baking is one of my weekend plans... :D

It's really hard to keep on a diet with these wonderful recipes. :D

Cinara said...

Bolo de banana é tudo de bom mesmo, Ana! Eu comi um delicioso ontem, na casa da Sônia Novaes... Como disse a Patrícia, quem consegue fazer dieta cercada de cozinheiras como você?? Bjs!

Valentina said...

Ana, yum!! I love this recipe with the buttermilk. And the banana of course. I want to try loads of recipes with banana in Brazil.YOur recipes are always great. love them all.

Ana said...

Oi Evandro!!! Adoro quando voce passa por aqui! E boa sorte ai com os vestibulares, estamos torcendo por voce!

Patricia, this was a ver good cake, we really enjoyed it. Let me know what do you think if you end up trying it.

Cinara, thanks!!

Valentina, this was good, I hope you like it too if you try!!

Ana

Anonymous said...

nem sei por qual das suas receitas comecar... todas otimas!!!!
graziella