Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Comfort in a Bowl...

Oatmeal, I just absolutely love oatmeal!
Had this for dinner tonight, yep, dinner. Got the news this afternoon that, for the second time, some moles I had removed came back with pre-cancerous results from the biopsy. With another appointment scheduled so they can dig deeper this time, all I needed was something to warm up my soul, and to me no other food can do that job better than oats.
In my bowl I had 1/2 cup oats (old-fashioned rolled oats, not instant/quick) + 2 tablespoons oat bran, all cooked in a cup of soymilk. Stirred during cooking were 1/2 tablespoons chia seeds and 1/2 tablespoon flaxseeds (should have ground them but wasn't in the mood, so whole they went), plus a little agave to sweeten and 1 tablespoon of the amazingly delicious almond butter plopped on top in the end (yes, the blob you see is almond butter!).
So delicious, I could not wish for anything different today. Just perfect, as oatmeal always is!
Ana

2 comments:

Rita said...

Ana, we do not really fully understand the powers and reaches of our minds. But I'm gonna grasp the idea that thoughts can go a long way and fill mine with all good energy I can manage to put together and send it all to you today. This, the same being done by all those who love you and your oatmeal can do marvels. Everything is gonna be just fine.

Love, Rita

Evandro said...

Eu precisava de uma receita para levar na aula de italiano e pensei q nao tinha lugar melhor pra vir do que o blog da Ana!! Vou levar a receita do bolo de cenoura, apesar que esse bolo de chocolate me deu mta vontade!
Tenho certeza que td vai dar certo, Ana! Eu brinco que minhas oracoes agora estao sendo mais atendidas pq estou mais perto do papa, entao vou tentar ajudar como posso!
Beijos!!