Tuesday, February 14, 2006

A quick post to share another heart!

I simply love anything creamy, especially desserts! Among my favorites are custards, ice cream, and puddings, and last year I discovered one that really goes into these categories, panna cotta! As soon as I had my first one of this creamy and delicious custard I immediately fell in love with it and am always looking for new sauces and recipes to try!
They are rich when made with cream, and tangy when using buttermilk. But today’s recipe was by far one of the best ones I had, made with a combination of heavy cream and yogurt (I use plain whole milk) Yogurt Panna Cotta is now on top of my list!
Slightly sweet and deliciously creamy, this was by far one of the best desserts I have had! The perfect ending to a romantic Valentine’s Day meal!
I served ours with strawberry couli and assorted berries, but the possibilities for sauces here are endless…
Yummy! We just ate it and I could not wait to come here and share!

Ana

Yogurt Panna Cotta
¼ cup water
2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
1 ¼ cups cream
¼ cup sugar
1 ½ cups yogurt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla (or almond) extract

Bloom gelatin in water. Warm cream and sugar until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat; add gelatin and stir to dissolve. Whisk in yogurt and extract. Pour mixture into 6 ramequins (4 oz) and chill.
Note: I copied this recipe a while ago but did not write down from where, so I am sorry for not crediting the proper source.

"Hearty" Bread that I served for our cheese fondue! (It was so pretty I did not even wanted to cut into it...!)










Isn't my Husband nice?! Look what I got for Valentine's Day! Oh... I am so happy!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhhh muito romanticos seus quitutes hermana!!!!! eu tbm morreria de dó de comerr!!!
agora to contando os dias pro inverno chegar pra comer fondue de queijo! hahahahahhah!!!!!
hummmm papai trouxe suco d milho do castelinho da pamonhaaaaa!!! hahahaha delú delú!!! imagina se eu nao fui parar nas nuvens neh!!!!!! matou minha lombriga de 865.733 anos! ;)
Beijinhos hermana, amo vc!!!!!!!!!!!!

Valentina said...

Ana, your panna cota is gorgeous!! Like you I also love creamy deserts..sometimes I even just get happy but mixing fruit pulp with my natural yoghurt. There is something awfully comforting in creaminess. ; 0 ) hey, Godiva chocies..how flash!!

Jeff in NC said...

Oh my, thast is so pretty!

And I love the idea with the bread - how romantic!

Sounds like a great day all around :)

obachan said...

Hi Ana,
I found your blog via Joe’s site and I’m so glad that I did. This panna cotta looks so lovely, and I have all the ingredients in my fridge now. I think I know what I’m going to try very soon. Thanks for sharing the recipe! :D