Saturday, October 16, 2010

Awesome Brown!!

Being a foodie as I am, and one that likes science at that, it is no surprise that one of the food personalities I love the most is Alton Brown. His show, Good Eats, is one of my very favorite ones and I have been watching it since the beginning, around 2000.
In the show Alton is the most fun and creative person around food I have ever seen, he explains not only how to prepare a particular food but also the science behind it, the how's and why's something acts the way it does during cooking, which is why I like his show so much, learning is something I love to do and when it relates to food... sign me up for it!
I absolutely love his Good Eats show and as I learned that Alton Brown was coming to Raleigh (almost 2 months ago) I immediately reserved the date on my calendar and assigned the husband as the primary caregiver during the hours I would spend at the local independent bookstore that my idol was doing his appearance.
I knew that a few hours of waiting would take place, so I sat there, walked to Whole Foods right next door and got me some soup, came back, sat a little more and read his most recent book cover to cover, and patiently waited for my turn to get up there and get not only an autograph but also a picture! Awesome! I loved that he took pictures with everyone.
A bit before the signing began he also did some talking and answered questions from the audience.
Now, he seems fun and nice on the show, right? And he is that and much more in person! I was impressed by how nice he was, so funny, I laughed the whole 40 minutes he talked! Entertaining, smart, funny, and knows how to cook, what else would you want on a man?! Oh yes, and since it was a school night he made sure that those with kids would be the first ones to get their book signed, how cool is that? (And I left Matheus home... bummer!) True gentleman!
It was really fun to meet Alton Brown, he is all I thought he would be and more, definitely my favorite food star. Awesome, awesome Brown!
Ana

4 comments:

amanda said...

I know we don't know eachother .. But looking at your blog I see your a very health conscience person and I think this would be great for you and your friends... Go to amandaturnerjuiceplus.com and call me 229-255-9827 I know you'lll love this product!!! It changes lives and they have clinical rescearch to back you everything!! Juiceplus also has great shake portein powder that taste awesome!!!

Kim - Liv Life said...

I am SO envious!!! I have watched almost all of his shows and have a couple of his books. One thing you can count on, is that if a recipe sounds appealing to you, it will work. I'm excited for you! Great pic!

The Food Hunter said...

Very cool!

Ana said...

Kim, thanks for visiting my blog! And I also love Alton Brown and have watched all his good eats episodes! And yes, his recipes always work, the ones we tried were definitely successful! Thanks for the compliment on the picture!

Food Hunter, it was really cool! :-)

Ana