Saturday, March 17, 2007

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

With kids around celebrations always call for cookies, right?!
I made these cookies using the simple and delicious sugar cookie recipe that you can find clicking here. This is the easiest sugar cookie recipe I have made, you don't even need to chill it!
I colored it green by adding gel food coloring while beating the butter and sugar, it was the first time I tried coloring cookie dough and found my idea to be very effective as I didn't end up with a huge mess as previously happened to me. (food coloring can be messy and I certainly didn't want a green hued kitchen!)
Fun to make and to eat too! It yielded a lot of cookies, to bring to the teachers and to share with coworkers, plus we got some nice green smiles as a reward!
By the way, can you tell I used 4 little hearts in order to make each cookie? Yep, it took a while but I got it done, and now I promised myself I will finally go ahead and buy one of those "multi-cookie-cutters-kit", and hope there is a shamrock one in between those for the years to come! :o)
Ana

Ps: I promisse I will be back posting, I made a yummy recipe this past week!

It felt like valentine's day again...!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oi ana!!
q bom q vc posto aki d novo!!\
os cookies parecem mt bons!!ja sei o q sua irma pode me dar d pascoa..cookies!hehehe
bom fimzinho d st patricks day ai
a ana me falo q vc comeco a faze estagio..boa sorte!!!
bjus!!!!

Fer Guimaraes Rosa said...

Ana, essas celebracoes sao otimas para as criancas! adorei os cookies verdes, qta diversao! :-) beijao,

Akemi said...

Achei uma fofura seus cookies, Ana!
O Matheus deve ter feito a festa!

brisa said...

Ana querida,

que bom ver post seu:)) Ahhh! nada como um filhinho pra fazer os posts mais coloridos, neh??:)) Que delicia:))

Bjs e otima semana,

Bri

Ana said...

Evandro, eu tava meio sumida, mas sinto falta quando fico tempo sem postar! Obrigada, estou gostando do estagio, tomara q um dia eu arrume um emprego de verdade! hehe!! Beijos!

Fe, nem fale, nunca vi como gostam de cookies aqui nesse pais! hehe!!

Clarice, todo mundo gostou dos cookies verdes viu, da trabalho mas vale a pena, e eu me divirto fazendo!

Brisa, filho da mesmo um colorido imenso a vida da gente, ne?!! Meu pequeno eh minha vida! Beijos p/ vc tbem, adorei ver comment seu!

Ana